Date of Estb.: 1978
Dr Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Samastipur
Pusa, Samastipur , Bihar - 848125
PHONE No.: 06274 240226
WEB SITE: www.rpcau.ac.in
GENERAL HELPLINE NO.: 9899104337
UG PROGRAMMES :
B Sc (Ag)- Bachelors of Science in Agriculture
B V Sc & A H - Bachelors of Veterinary. Science and Animal Husbandry.
B Tech (DT)- Bachelor of Technology in Dairy Technology.
B F Sc - Bachelor of Fisheries Science.
B Sc (H Sc)- Bachelor of Science in Home Science
B Tech (Agri Engg):--Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural. Engineering
B Tech (Biotechnology)- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology.
PG PROGRAMMES :
M Sc (Ag.)
M Tech (Agri Engg)
M Sc(H. Sc.)
M Sc(Agril. Biotech)
CERTIFICATE COURSE AND POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN :
Professional Farmerís Training
Plant Protection Training
Bee Keeping Training
Training in Agricultural Engineering Trades;
Livestock Production Training;
Training for Fish Culture;
Training in Milk handling and maintenance of mulch animal;
Certificate course in Mushroom Production & Processing- 6 months
Certificate course in Computer Application- 6 months
Certificate course in Lab. Technique- 6 months
Certificate course in Artificial Insemination- 6 months
PG Diploma in Library Science- one year duration
(University in Bihar)
In the imperial Gazetteer of India 1878, Pusa was recorded as a government estate of about 1350 acres in Darbhanba. It was acquired by East India Company for running a stud farm to supply better breed of horses mainly for the army. Frequent incidence of glanders disease (swelling of glands), mostly affecting the valuable imported bloodstock made the civil veterinary department to shift the entire stock out of Pusa. A British tobacco concern Beg Sutherland & co. got the estate on lease but it also left in 1897 abandoning the government estate of Pusa.
Lord Mayo, The Viceroy and Governor General, had been repeatedly trying to get through his proposal for setting up a directorate general of Agriculture that would take care of the soil and its productivity, formulate newer techniques of cultivation, improve the quality of seeds and livestock and also arrange for imparting agricultural education. The government of India had invited a British expert. Dr. J. A. Voelcker who had submitted as report on the development of Indian agriculture. As a follow-up action, three experts in different fields were appointed for the first time during 1885 to 1895 namely, agricultural chemist (Dr. J. W. Leafer), cryptogamic botanist (Dr. R. A. Butler) and entomologist (Dr. H. Maxwell Lefroy) with headquarters at Dehradun (U.P.) in the forest Research Institute complex.
NOTE: The information given is the best of our knowledge collected from various sources for the benefit of the students, if any correction needed or removal of the information completely please write email at email@example.com