University of Kerala - Full Time Research Scholars for Ph.D Degree
Applications are invited in the prescribed form (Specimen appended) from Full-time Research
Scholars belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Communities who have already registered
themselves as candidates for Ph.D Degree in the University and pursuing research during the academic year
2018-19 for Special Financial Assistance from the University. The Financial Assistance will be sanctioned
subject to the following norms:
1. The eligibility for the Special Financial Assistance is restricted to SC/ST candidates belonging to the
State of Kerala, who are engaged in full-time research under research guides approved by the
University in the University Departments of Study and research or recognized research departments
of affiliated colleges or other research institutions approved by the University of Kerala.
2. The assistance under this scheme will be given to SC/ST research students for purchase of books,
stationery and typing charges, irrespective of other grants, fellowships etc enjoyed by them.
3. The maximum amount of Special Financial Assistance available to a student shall be
Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only). The Amount will be released in three instalments of
Rs. 4,000/- (Rupees four thousand only) for purchasing books, Rs. 3000/- (Rupees three thousand
only) for purchase of stationery articles and Rs. 3,000/-(Rupees three thousand only) for meeting
4. Those who have already submitted Ph.D thesis are not eligible for the grant.
5. The Special Financial Assistance will be granted to research scholars only once during his/her period
6. A bond in the prescribed form in stamp paper shall be executed by the recipient (scholar selected) to
the effect that in the event of the recipient not submitting the thesis within a period of five years from
the date of receipt of the first installment of Financial Assistance or of the conversion of full time
research to part-time, the full amount should be refunded to the Kerala University Fund.
7. If the number of applicants exceeds the number of permissible slots (Twenty), the selection will be
made on the basis of criteria and weightages enumerated in the University Order No. Pl.E/653/2014
8. Applications complete in all respects shall be forwarded through the supervising teacher and Head of
the Department/Research Centre so as to reach the Registrar, University of Kerala,
Thiruvananthapuram on or before 26nd September 2018.
Application form, Bond format and the University Orders (No. Pl.E.2176/97 dated 15.05.1997
& No.Pl.E/653/2014 dated 24.02.2015) can be downloaded from the Kerala University website