Date of Estb.: 1987
Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur
Raipur , Chhattisgarh
B Sc - Agriculture
B Sc - Horticulture
B Tech - Agricultural Engineering
B Tech - Dairy Technology
BFSc - Bachelor of Fishery Science
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur was established on 20 th January 1987 after bifurcating from Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur . From that time to this date, the University has been expanded several fold.
In the British regime one Agricultural Research Station was established in 1903 known as “Labhandi Farm” at Raipur . This Labhandi Farm had grown slowly and today it has become the campus of Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur . In Between, Rice Research Station (RRS) was established in mid sixties. Later in 1974 Madhya Pradesh Rice Research Institute (MPRRI) was established under the able leadership of great rice scientist Dr. R.H. Richharia. Before the College of Agriculture was established in 1961 under the government of Madhya Pradesh and it was shifted to the present campus in 1964. After the establishment of Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur in 1964 as a State Agricultural University (SAU) under the land-grant pattern of USA , the College of Agriculture became a constituent college of Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya , Jabalpur , Madhya Pradesh. In 1979 National Agricultural Research Project (NARP) came into existence with the financial support of World Bank.
Updated on: [January 01, 2012]