Date of Estb.: 1927
HRH The Prince of Wales Institute of Engineering & Technology
Gar Ali Road, Jorhat , Assam - 785001
PHONE No.: 0376 320074, 2330109
EMAIL: [email protected]
WEB SITE: powietjrt.in/about.html
B Tech :
Electronics & Telco Engineering
(Institute in Assam)
The' War Technical School' at the time of Second World War is the present pioneer technical institute in the North Eastern India named as 'His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales Institute of Engineering and Technology '. At the very outset of the institute at 1928 , the curriculum of mechanic certificate was introduced and almost all the outcomes were engaged in the different works of American Soldiers. This institute was established in 1927 with the financial aids of rupees one lakh from a great Assamese timber merchant Late Bholanath Boruah, who had given the money to the British Government in 1922 for establishing a technical school in the name of 'Prince of Wales' at Jorhat. The institute came up fully to impart technical education from 16th January 1928.
After introductory motor mechanic course, a four year certificate course in Civil Engineering equivalent to diploma course has been introduced in 1948. From 1957 three year diploma course has been introduced in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Department in addition to the Civil Engineering Department. In 1976 & 1978 the curriculum of Automobile Engineering and Agriculture Engineering respectively had been included to the three diploma course. The institute has acquired another milestone with the introduction of Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering and Instrumentation Technology curriculum in 1986.
NOTE: The information given is the best of our knowledge collected from various sources for the benefit of the students, if any correction needed or removal of the information completely please write email at [email protected]