Updated on: 2/28/2020
Date of Estb.: 1916
C 604¸ Shivaji Stadium Bus Terminal, Cannaught Place, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Marg, New Delhi, Delhi - 110001
PHONE No.: 011 23363728¸ 23408107, ,
EMAIL: [email protected]
WEB SITE: www.lhmc-hosp.gov.in
APPROVED BY/ AFFILIATED TO:
GENERAL HELPLINE NO.: 9899104337
B Sc Nursing
The Lady Hardinge Medical College for women was founded in 1914 to commemorate the visit of Her Majesty Queen Mary in 1911-12. Lady Hardinge the wife of the then Viceroy was the first to take initiative for starting a medical college for women¸ as the lack of separate medical college for women made it almost impossible for Indian women to study medicine.
The foundation stone of this institution was laid by Lady Hardinge on 17th March¸ 1914. Unfortunately this great lady died later in the same year and on the suggestion of Queen Mary the college and the hospital was named after Lady Hardinge to perpetuate the memory of its founder.
The college and hospital was formally opened by Lord Hardinge the then Viceroy of India on 17th February 1916. The close association of countess of Dufferin Fund Council continued over many years and senior teaching staff almost exclusively consisted of its members till India became independent.
NOTE: The information given is the best of our knowledge collected from various sources for the benefit of the students, if any correction needed or removal of the information completely please write email at [email protected]